- Alan Moore, V for Vendetta (via observando)
Movie #61: V for Vendetta (2006)
- "Based on the graphic novel by Alan Moore, V for Vendetta takes place in an alternate vision of Britain in which a corrupt and abusive totalitarian government has risen to complete power. During a threatening run in with the secret police, an unassuming young woman named Evey (Natalie Portman) is rescued by a vigilante named V (Hugo Weaving) — a caped figure both articulate and skilled in combat. V embodies the principles of rebellion from an authoritarian state, donning a mask of vilified would-be terrorist of British history Guy Fawkes and leading a revolution sparked by assassination and destruction. Evey becomes his unlikely ally, newly aware of the cruelty of her own society and her role in it." - Cammila Albertson, Rovi [Source]
- I love this movie too much I literally cried in the last 30 minutes?!
- Holy wow I really love the development of V’s character and how they showed where the hatred came from. It came from a personal experience and upon seeing the bigger picture, a revolution was formed. It’s amazing and ingenious. On the other hand, the transformation of Evey (even her name has “V” all over it; E is the 5th letter of the alphabet;) was made parallel to that of V’s except that its purpose was remodeled to be in a more positive sense.
- I love how everything ties up together. The facts form a web of plots and ideas. :) “Any idea is bulletproof.”